Skip to main content

A year gone by.. A year to come



A mixed beginning to the 2nd semester as well as 2011 and this perhaps calls for a new blog in the new year.  Looking back I must say that 2010 has been quite eventful to me. The year started off with a whole bunch of friends jumping into the marriage pool. A couple of classmates and seniors from grad school, friends from pre uni days were all a part of this team. 
Four girls out of the five in my group, minus me of course, are now tagged ' married' and that does mean that I am the only one left. Pretty hard to digest it, isnt it? Thoughts and visuals of Pre-Uni fun days ( along with lots of nerdy moments ofcourse), the canteen moments, running out of classes for samosas, the Rs 5 softies, the endless money we donated to cafe coffee day..etc etc flash through my mind. Then came a time when we really got serious, finished engineering, a few went on to do post grad, some sat down to work.. basically trying to carve a niche and  shape up our very enthusiastic careers amidst the millions in the rat race, hoping someday to make it to our goal. Overnight, this entire scene changed and all of a sudden. it felt as though a dream had ended. Reality dawned and they had just turned their lives around totally. 
I get goosebumps thinking of all this.. but not for too long I guess. With the way things are happening, I am surely gonna be tagged, sooner or later.

2010 was also another milestone for me in terms of my career.. I got selected for a workshop with two lovely people, both, who have inspired me since archi days, one of them whom I consider, the God of building with mud...The workshop was such a magnificent learning experience. A bunch of crazy youngsters I must say, who enjoyed every moment of slogging, partying , shouting, eating, drinking and making merry. It opened new doors to me and I can now see my horizon much more clearly than before and I must say that I am quite happy about it. I also started my post graduation in one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. Mother nature can be so unique and so graceful in her thoughts to design this lovely delicate home for us to live in. It becomes our duty to take care of it just as we do to our own homes and ensure that we hand it over to her with the same love and care that she gave it to us with. 
2010 , the year ended with some precious moments being spent with my family. Mom, Dad, and many were quite relieved to see me back home after a good 4 months and some anxious moments .? Buuuutttttt... I finally made it home and the most exciting bit, it was the first time all 4 cousins met under one roof. Mom's brothers came down for Christmas and new year and this was the first time since my grandfather's death in 2004, all 3 of them  got together. This also meant, it was extremely exciting be around both my cousins and sister and get pampered thoroughly. I had been waiting for this moment for the last 6 years and I'm so glad it came true. There was a glitter of joy on every single persons face, a divine twinkle of bliss in their eyes,especially grand-mom. This is a moment to remember, perhaps all my life.
Anyway, come 2011, it is indeed time to thank Him for giving me yet another  good year,  time to meet many more people, time to grow a step higher in thought and action, time to thank people who have supported me and have been there for me, time to live, teach and move a step closer to being a responsibly good person.
Filhaal, time to sleep... and tomorrow, its time to the under water world......... time for some excitement :) :) :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asli Swaad Zindagi Ka!!

I was talking to a friend last night about chocolates and that did remind of something that I had forgotten in months, CADBURY'S DAIRY MILK. Apart from the immense craving that I developed post that conversation, I also ended digging up some nostalgic ads that only contributed to its increase .... So here are some of my favourite Dairy Milk Ads.. I might have missed out a few, but for now "Enjoy maadi"!! My fav  and perhaps the best one of the lot: More ... And amongst the new ones.. I did like this one So..  Mesdemoiselles et  Messieurs .. amusez vous et vous voir la prochaine fois!! ( Ladies & Gentlemen, Enjoy yourselves and see you next time). 

The certain uncertainties...

Its now a year since I moved to one of the most beautiful cities I've seen. Thinking back , I've had a rather good time, learnt many things: Patience and  Tolerance,  being the most important of it all. There is no point getting impatient or frustrated with life's circumstances. Things will happen when they have to and in the manner they should. So its better to ride along in an optimistic manner. Perhaps that's the only way to enjoy it and make things easier for yourself and others around you.  In short, it is better to accept things as they come. I normally like to plan out most things I do, at least to the near future. I like to look at where I'm heading, else I literally feel as though I've been blindfolded and I'm walking aimlessly in some random direction. Though not meticulously, I just need to have an idea, so that I can pace myself accordingly.  Expecting the unexpected, there are bound to be many blind turns. But this ...

Tongue truths!!

Some of the animal tongue facts I have read over a period of time and I thought would be wise to compile before my memory  starts erasing it all up!! 1) A croc cannot stick its tongue out... I pity the little ones, they can't even pull out teasers 2) A giraffe's tongue is blue in colour to protect it from sunburn .... I assumed dogs are the ones who always have their tongue out. 3) A chameleon moves it tongue faster than the human eye can follow and the tongue is also more than twice as long as its body ..... sly creatures I tell you 4) Snakes smell with their tongues.... this is a possible result of an experimental mix n match. 5) A sun bear keeps its tongue rolled within its mouth...(ref pic)  Imagine having one like that, which you could either use to lick ice cream or use the same to cover your eyes or clean your ears..[ Ok i saw this as a signboard in the zoo!!] 6) A lion's tongue is twice as rough as that of a domestic cat.!! The sand paper manufact...