Skip to main content

The beatitude bit of my life..

Last night, before I went to bed, I was randomly thinking of things that put me in state of blissful ecstasy. I felt 50 would be a good count. Nevertheless, I had to stop at 17 since the cerebrum inside my big but narrow skull, just refused to work beyond this point.So, here goes the list.

1) Rains- A cool and a mild drizzle to heavy thunderstorms (haven't seen anything more intense), rains are simply wonderful- anywhere and everywhere.
2) Desserts- Apple crumbles, raspberry tarts , soufflé (specially tender coconut) , Mousse,Custards, Thiramisu... I love them all..They definitely make the best "meals" ...slurrrrrrrrrrp.
3)A Swim- In the pool, ponds, lakes, rivers, oceans...all I need is water.. if the skies are dark and gloomy... nothing like it.
4) Coffee- Ahh!! God bless the men/women or simply the man/woman who discovered this wonderful aromatic drink. From the Caribbean , all the way to Africa and South east Asia, and of course not to forget our very own Indian Filter Coffee... I can take in all the caffeine baby!!!
5) Snakes- I know most would go 'Yikes!!'.. but... I must admit, I simply love and adore  these majestic and coy creatures. They slither across as silently,freezing us humans or least of all generating some noticeable goose-bumps.
6)Stones and shells- I don't know why I get fascinated by these stones and shells of all things but seeing lots of them around me gives a very alleviated feeling. I can spend hours in their company.
7) Travelling- Kind of cliche ,but... I am on the list .. hence I love travelling. Land, water, air, any mode is fine as long as I'm on the move..  Biking ... Perfecto!
8)Books- They are just wonderful sources of calming myself. I love reading biographies, mysteries, the nerve wrekking horror and of course CAALLLLVVVIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!.
9)- A walk on the beach/ Long walks- Nothing to beat this appeasing effect to the mind. Some moments in solitude helps you reconnect with the inner you.
10)Bungee Jumping- Get to the peak, scream your lungs out and let go of yourself. Ah!! what a way to de-stress and it definitely sounds exciting. I'm just waiting to try this sometime soon!!
11)Music- The right beats to strike the cord .. no more details needed.
12) Cadbury's Dairy Milk - The 'liking' for it runs in my genes... :):)
13) Paintings and sculpture- Perfect way to understand a person's mind and heart. Its a good way to get a sneek peek into the persons mind, his thinking, his inspirations and his creativity. I love abstract ones particularly.. the thinking cap goes onto my head as well. 
14) Photography- Probably the latest developed interest, but this does make me happy in many ways. I'm totally in an excited mode when I capture something nice, so yes, this hobby is on its way to becoming an ardent one!!
15) Animals- Can be the best of friends. No qualms about them arguing or yelling at me, not listening to me, not being there for me when I need someone the most. Wildlife excites me too... Lions , Tigers, Elephants... get my adrenaline rushing!
16)The jungle & the wild- Away from the urban tumult and into the arms of mother nature, she is the the reason for our life. Visiting her often is so blissful!!
17) A small prayer everyday- Thanking God and the people I love, for being there every moment in my life, for all the efforts they've taken to give me what I have and make me what I am today... Its worth it!!


So.... this sums up quite a large part of my life... I shall keep the the search on, and whenever I find something , I shall add it to this list!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asli Swaad Zindagi Ka!!

I was talking to a friend last night about chocolates and that did remind of something that I had forgotten in months, CADBURY'S DAIRY MILK. Apart from the immense craving that I developed post that conversation, I also ended digging up some nostalgic ads that only contributed to its increase .... So here are some of my favourite Dairy Milk Ads.. I might have missed out a few, but for now "Enjoy maadi"!! My fav  and perhaps the best one of the lot: More ... And amongst the new ones.. I did like this one So..  Mesdemoiselles et  Messieurs .. amusez vous et vous voir la prochaine fois!! ( Ladies & Gentlemen, Enjoy yourselves and see you next time). 

The certain uncertainties...

Its now a year since I moved to one of the most beautiful cities I've seen. Thinking back , I've had a rather good time, learnt many things: Patience and  Tolerance,  being the most important of it all. There is no point getting impatient or frustrated with life's circumstances. Things will happen when they have to and in the manner they should. So its better to ride along in an optimistic manner. Perhaps that's the only way to enjoy it and make things easier for yourself and others around you.  In short, it is better to accept things as they come. I normally like to plan out most things I do, at least to the near future. I like to look at where I'm heading, else I literally feel as though I've been blindfolded and I'm walking aimlessly in some random direction. Though not meticulously, I just need to have an idea, so that I can pace myself accordingly.  Expecting the unexpected, there are bound to be many blind turns. But this ...

Tongue truths!!

Some of the animal tongue facts I have read over a period of time and I thought would be wise to compile before my memory  starts erasing it all up!! 1) A croc cannot stick its tongue out... I pity the little ones, they can't even pull out teasers 2) A giraffe's tongue is blue in colour to protect it from sunburn .... I assumed dogs are the ones who always have their tongue out. 3) A chameleon moves it tongue faster than the human eye can follow and the tongue is also more than twice as long as its body ..... sly creatures I tell you 4) Snakes smell with their tongues.... this is a possible result of an experimental mix n match. 5) A sun bear keeps its tongue rolled within its mouth...(ref pic)  Imagine having one like that, which you could either use to lick ice cream or use the same to cover your eyes or clean your ears..[ Ok i saw this as a signboard in the zoo!!] 6) A lion's tongue is twice as rough as that of a domestic cat.!! The sand paper manufact...